Now Playing: todd-o-phonic todd on wfmu
i posted this on my facebook account not too long ago and thought it'd be worth my while to cross-post it to my blog. rules are as follows:
Once you’ve been tagged, you have to write a note with 16 random things - shortcomings, facts, habits or goals about you. At the end choose 16 people to be tagged, listing their names and why you chose them. You have to tag the person who tagged you.
the people have already been tagged in facebook, which saves me the need to do it here. let's just deal with the random things...
1. when i was two, i had the measels, mumps, and chicken pox at the same time. don't ask how i managed to pull off that stunt, but my mother was convinced that i was gonna die. needless to say, i didn't.
2. some people want an iphone for christmas. i'd rather have a buddha machine. perfect for trying times like these, i think.
3. my mom's side of the family is very close and talks everything out. my father's side is very secretive...to the point of where you'd think they were a crime syndicate. the traits of both sides have been poured into me and depending upon who you are, you either know me as outgoing or soft-spoken. they're both true.
4. almost every revenge fantasy i've had this year somehow involves an air horn. the entire telemarketing industry may want to thank their lucky stars that i have not enacted said fantasies at any point within 2008.
5. i have a sister on my father's side named brandi whom i have not seen in decades. due to the fam's attraction to endless drama, she broke camp a while back. very few days have gone by this year where i haven't thought about her and how she's doing. my daughter even sorta resembles her as a child. i need to find her.
6. watching *the joy of painting with bob ross* can get me out of any bad mood. it's been that way since high school.
7. when i walk into my apartment after work and simone runs around the corner saying "DADDY!!" and tackles my legs, there's no other place on earth i'd rather be at that moment.
8. most of the trouble i got into in college had everything to do with the fact that A) i was a hopeless romantic trying to be a player and failing miserably, and B) i was pretending to be humble when i was actually COCKY AS F**K.
9. i have become increasingly curious about the kalimba and the theremin and would like to learn how to play them both.
10. my father and i are both bilingual. we speak two languages: english and sarcasm.
11. beth and i spent our honeymoon in cancun, mexico back in november of '99 and i've been wanting to get back there ever since. i've never been so relaxed in my whole life.
12. a reoccurring daydream about stabbing a sales rep in the neck with a salad fork is the exact reason why i don't attend most of my after work office functions. that and the fact that i only go for the food. a co-worker's incessant smack talk about nothing isn't edible, and it's better that way, i'm sure.
13. avoiding drugs was never a problem for me. i can remember being six or seven, playing in the back of my father's green cadillac eldorado while him and his buddies were freebasing in the front seat. stuff like that doesn't leave you when you get older and realize what you witnessed at a young age.
14. in a summer program shortly after graduating high school, i was jumping around in a dorm room and put my hand through a glass partition of a ceiling lamp. i never had to get stitches before that incident.
15. almost half of my 35 years on this planet have been spent in a relationship with the woman i eventually married. we are officially an old married couple. kinda crazy to think about.
16. on the song "papa" by prince, he says, "don't abuse children, or else they turn out like me." while i've spent a good part of my life blocking it out of my memory, lasting images are a constant reminder that i can say the same...